September’s been a good month for buying used sets from eBay. This month, I’ve bought:
- Intermediate Set, new in box ($19.90 + $20.67 shipping)
- Master Set, new in box ($34.99 + $20.00 shipping)
- Millenium Explorer ($29.99 + $16.00 shipping)
I’ve also seen some Chaos sets on Craigslist, but Edmonds Washington is a long drive from Virginia…
So why keep buying sets? A couple of reasons:
- The biggest limiting factor with the sets seems to be the medium and large tubes; I have plenty of stunts and track, but not enough tubes to build a large framework.
- Parts break. The rubber in the trampolines dries out with age; plastic becomes brittle and snaps unexpectedly.
- I hate to see these sets go unused — better to buy them myself than have them go to the rubbish heap.
- The used prices are so good, it’s hard to resist them…